SILENT IT, a highly regarded Chicago-based IT consulting firm that helps firms prevent IT challenges, is looking to build a sales organization to leverage the firm’s stellar reputation and build meaningful scale quickly.
Silent IT brings together the best team to tackle the noisiest issues of system performance, infrastructure stabilization and operations. We believe in doing an exceptional job with every client, every time, while maintaining a razor-sharp focus on problems that create noise in our client’s organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the senior management team in a business that is well positioned to make an impact in the way firms view IT consulting firms.
The role involves building a sales team, on-boarding and training the sales team, team selling with the sales professionals and the firm’s practice leaders and providing the sales management and leadership necessary to build a high-performance sales culture.
- Recruit, train and manage high performing sales team to exceed sales goals and objectives.
- Ensure the team is fully trained on and consistent applies Silent IT’s sales methodology. Fine tune the methodology as appropriate.
- Act as an advisor/coach to the sales team on consultative sales strategy while maintaining a positive and motivational work environment.
- Ensure CRM system accurately reflects status of all sales opportunities, and that the volume of the pipeline is adequate for each person to achieve his/her objectives.
- Perform weekly One on One’s; quarterly territory reviews; and quarterly feedback sessions with each direct report; progressive or immediate discipline as needed.
- Ensure the sales team overall maintains sufficient level of qualified sales pipeline to meet annual objective. Monitor performance to goals and ensure accountability within sales team, as you are responsible for the teams monthly, quarterly, and annual team quota.
- Provide assistance to your direct reports and with the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Practice Leaders to close large, complex deals directly with senior client executives.
- Work closely with Marketing and PR to develop programs, content and collateral to drive leads
- Collaborate in efforts to secure speaking engagements for the Firm
- Support marketing in gathering information for and developing case studies and white papers
- Contribute to Silent IT blog and other marketing programs and activities
Sales Planning and Reporting
- Building sales processes; create and decide on territory breakdowns, territory alignment, compensation plans, hiring, and career progression to achieve expected performance.
- Develop sales tools and provide training to enable the sales team to be effective in the sales process.
- Develop activity reporting and forecasting to provide weekly visibility of the team’s performance to goal, and to provide insight on performance in future periods.
- Report your team’s metrics, opportunities, progress and issues to the executive team and firm leadership.
Team Engagement / Leadership / Culture
- Collaborate internally across Silent It practices and cross-functionally with give and take to move the company performance forward.
- Be visible in the market – become known to IT executives in targeted geographic areas and within targeted segments within the broader IT services landscape.
- Provide insight and feedback to firm’s leadership on firm’s strategy, direction and performance. Provide ideas and input into future opportunities for firm to capitalize.
- Live the firm entrepreneurial culture which values initiative, individual and team effort, client focus – and results.
Qualifications – The Ideal Profile
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales management experience with demonstrated success
- Proven, documented track record of consistently exceeding assigned quota/budget objectives
- Proven ability and success in building a sales team in early stage businesses
- Experience with application of complex sales methodology
- Ability to collaborate with functional leaders and SMEs that lead the various Silent IT Practices
- Experience selling IT consulting solutions is highly preferred.
- Proficiency utilizing a CRM to manage selling activity.
- Demonstrated experience managing consultative sales professionals to achieve team goals that serve as the foundation for propelling overall firm growth.
- Strong selling, negotiating and influencing skills, and the ability to coach and train in a positive, effective manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, strategic thinker, strong analytical skills, detailed oriented, high levels of intellectual curiosity.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited academic institution
- Competitive base salary
- Significant Bonus Opportunity based on sales team performance (Revenue & Margin)
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance offered
- Paid Time Off (Holidays & PTO)
Silent IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer