More Clients, More Risk
It Was A Time When Any Company Should Be Very Excited By Their Prospects.
After all, when you have the federal government and financial institutions wanting to use your services, that’s not a bad thing. Yet, for our client, a 70-person software development company, there were numerous roadblocks challenging their potential growth as they prepared to move from a second generation product they’d built to a third generation product.
Those challenges included:
- Changing up their business model, moving to Software as a Service and building products in the cloud
- Lacking in a security function, with no security personnel or roadmap to strengthen the business from a cybersecurity standpoint
- Facing thousands of findings after a compliance audit with no clear priorities over what to tackle first
If the company hoped to continue the momentum of a rapidly expanding client base, it would have to do something quickly about its increased risk profile. Its financial picture and reputation were riding on it.
THE SILENT IT SOLUTION
As Silent IT assessed the client’s state of cybersecurity across its process and technologies, we developed a risk matrix for the company to follow. This enabled us to identify areas of risk to quickly target and address. We designed a strategic risk reduction program and align it with the company’s roadmap for its product line.
To ensure our security recommendations were implemented, one of our key personnel acted as a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to work closely with the client’s Chief Technology Officer. From outlining requirements for federal compliance to bug checking pieces of software, Silent IT put the tools in place to fully build out the client’s security capability.
Vulnerability management. Network scanning. Hardware/software OS scanning. Access management capability redesign. Silent IT covered it all and has continued to provide our best people to see the client’s efforts successfully through.
The results so far? Exceptional from a risk reduction and sales perspective.
- Before Silent IT: Audit uncovers over 2,500 findings.
After Silent IT: A 3rd version of the audit after Silent IT’s recommendations only discovers 120 findings total:
A massive reduction of findings. The minor ones that remained were very easy to prioritize and address, one-by-one.
- The client achieves a 20% reduction in risk over the initial 3 months of the program
- With major security roadblocks out of the way, the sales team is able to close 2 large accounts.